Ofqual Regulated Online Level 5 TEFL Course
About this course
OFQUAL Regulated Certificate in TEFL is at LEVEL 5 and is a flexible alternative to CELTA or Trinity
College London Cert TESOL courses.
This course is regulated by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) this
means that the UK government has approved the qualification.
The 168 hour Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (RQF) for those who wish
to teach English to those who speak other languages. The qualification aims to develop knowledge
and skills in a specialist area of teaching, allowing learners to teach English as a foreign language.
OFQUAL Regulated Level 5 Certificate in TEFL for successful learners.
1. Principles of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
2. Understanding English teaching Frameworks
3. Teaching English Grammar
4. Teaching English Vocabulary
5. Teaching Productive Skills
6. Teaching Receptive Skills
7. Materials and Aids for Teaching English
8. Teaching Pronunciation of English
9. Lesson Planning for Teaching English
10. Teaching English to Young Learners
11. Using Resources Effectively When Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
What will you learn?
1. Teach the four skills of language acquisition: reading, speaking, writing, speaking
2. Plan and deliver effective lessons that meet student and class learning objectives
3. Knowing how to teach grammar to students of all levels
4. Manage classroom and student behavior effectively
5. Find and create effective learning materials
6. Plan and deliver fun and engaging lessons to young learners
7. Get confidence to deliver your class either online or abroad
168 hour UK government accredited online training
Tutor Presentations live sessions
Personal tutor support
Internationally recognized certificate
Downloadable TEFL course books
1- You are assigned a personal tutor as soon as the course starts
2- Your tutor will give you help and guidance through the course as well as mark your assignments
and give you a personal feedback.
Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (RQF) is internally assessed.
Each learner is required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of all the
learning outcomes and assessment criteria associated with each unit.
The main pieces of evidence for the portfolio could include:
All you need to complete this course and gain this certification is an internet-connected device that
has a webcam and microphone.